About Me

My photo
Collinsville Middle School PE teacher. Married (19yrs.)with two boys (12 and 8) 7th grade boys basketball coach. Avid cyclist

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Custer, SD Stop # 22

Hello
Today was spectacular!! I am glad I rode! It was very challenging to say the least and very scary at points. I had to ride through Devils Canyon. Lots of tight switchbacks and little to no shoulders to ride on. The climb out of Devils Canyon was killer. At one point a turtle came up along side me, she smiled and accelerated up the hill leaving me in her dust. Then her brother came up along side me, he put his claw on the back of my butt and he pushed me for a little. Highs and lows, highs and lows. You know, if I didn't have this big ol trailer attached to my bike, this would all be so much easier I told him!! LOL What I miss is being able to stand up and throw my bike side to side and stomp on the peddles when going up. With the weight in the back I am forced to sit and slow peddle up all these hills. But my legs are getting stronger!! It's all good. I really enjoyed seeing all these beautiful hills and mountains up close. Now I can say, " good bye hills!" Flat land! Flat land! Flat land!!
I am going to take a couple of days off but I plan on riding Saturday in Pierre, SD. Just to keep the legs dialed in. Well my family should be here very soon, can't wait. I remember the first couple of day's out of Seattle, all I could do was think about this moment!!! Now it's here.
Time goes by so fast. Enjoy everyday. Enjoy every conversation and interaction with whomever you are with!!! I will post again soon bigride fans. Thanks for all the support so far. Don't forget to donate something if possible to the Caleb Zarzecki Scholarship Fund??? First Collinsville Bank in Troy ( FCB ) Have a car wash, set up a lemon aide stand, take up a collection, who knows, be creative!!!!
* Hi Robin, Jeff, Luke, and baby B. I hope you are having a wonderful summer. I have been thinking about you guys a lot. I want you to know that I am doing great so don't worry!!!
C ya, Tommy K

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing great!
The Port's