About Me

My photo
Collinsville Middle School PE teacher. Married (19yrs.)with two boys (12 and 8) 7th grade boys basketball coach. Avid cyclist

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

13 days!!

Hey, it's down to 13 days. I've been riding everyday and my legs are feeling pretty good. Not loving getting up early to ride but it's great preparation for the DC ride. I did an interview with the Troy Tribune the other day, I think it's going to run the Thursday before I leave???
* I wanted to say thanks to the Jefferson Crew. They had a bowling fundraiser several weeks back and raised $1,200.00 for the scholarship fund. Wow!!! Thanks to everyone who participated and planned that fundraiser!!!!!!
* The scholarship fund is now up to $7,439.00. I am very impressed with our current total and I am confident we will reach our goal of $10,000.00 for the 2012 Caleb Zarzecki Memorial Scholarship Fund.
* Michelle Jefferson is having a garage sale with all proceeds going to the scholarship fund. It's going to be June 11th & 12th. More information will be in the Troy Tribune about this event.
If you want specifics give me an e-mail at tking1@kahoks.org The items that are going to be there are going to be worth checking out. Michelle told me that her garage is getting filled up and that there is something there for everyone!!! If you have some great items you would like to donate, get ahold of me and I'll give you some details!!!

I will continue to post every chance I get. Cya, Tom

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Can't believe the count down is on and at 13 days and counting!!!! So excited for you. School is finally out for us here in AZ. Summer vaca is here...yea!!!!
I am still going to be a traveler next year and not sure what schools I will have right now. There is talk of me leaving Tarwater Elem. which is where I teach the APE classes...fingers crossed that I still have them.
Good luck to you. Will be cheching in periodically, to see your travels!

Take care. Love, Jen Smith Traficano